$85.00 per 50 minute session. (Individual Therapy)
$110.00 per 80 minute session. (Couples & Family Therapy)
I do work on a sliding fee scale, which means your fee can be reduced based on financial need. I feel all individuals should have access to quality mental health care, so I will work with you on the rate for your sessions according to your financial circumstances. Please contact me so we can discuss your options.
*Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis.
- Personal Check
- Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express)
All compensation payable to my supervisor, Peggy Tyson, LPC.
Insurance companies require providers to give each client a mental health diagnosis and may require some of your private information in order to pay for the services provided. In order to sustain complete confidentiality and avoid any possibility of harm due to these requirements, I do not currently accept health insurance for my counseling services. If you have insurance, our sessions may be covered through your out-of-network benefits. I would be happy to help you explore this option.
Benefits of Private Pay
What are the benefits of paying privately for counseling versus using insurance?
- You choose the therapist best suited to your needs rather than the insurance company telling you who to see.
- You have flexibility in the type of therapy, who to include in the therapy session and the length of services.
- You will have complete confidentiality. Your records will not be shared with anyone without your permission.
- You won’t have to worry that your health records may possibly create problems for you or your family in the future. (i.e. increased life and health insurance premiums)
- You will be able to stay with your therapist even if your insurance plan coverage changes.
If you do not show for your scheduled therapy appointment and you have not notified me at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay a minimum cancellation fee of $25.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!